Thursday, August 30, 2012

Poor Newly-weds' Goulash


I absolutely LOVE making this dish for my family. I always know it's good when my husband says "I can't wait to eat this tomorrow!"
I'm about that age when all of my friends are getting married, and there's this fun trend that I've been noticing. Sometimes the bride will request that shower guests bring recipes so she can start off her new marriage with lots of cooking options. I always give out this goulash recipe because it's so dang cheap and easy. Also, it's bound to become a favorite.

Here's what you'll need:
1 lb ground beef
about 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
about 1 cup chopped onion
2 1/2 cups pasta (I use penne because it's cheap)
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can condensed tomato soup (the big one, I think a little over 10 oz)
salt
pepper
dried basil

Chop your celery an onion.

While you're doing that, cook the pasta
Awesome. But don't forget about it as you continue with the other steps (because I always never do that).

Toss the ground beef and veggies into a big skillet and get cooking.

Once there isn't any more pink in the beef, drain the excess grease. You will probably be straining the pasta around the same time.

Now it's time to dump everything together. Add the diced tomatoes (undrained), tomato soup, pasta and seasoning.
Let it simmer for about 10 minutes, and then you have delicious goulash! The best part about this recipe is that it makes a TON of food. Leftover goulash never goes bad in my house. It will always get eaten!

No comments:

Post a Comment